Hammondsport, NY 14840
Get Directions →
Built 1835 – 1836 by Merideth Mallory of Yates Co. for $30,000. There were 3 combined overshot and pitchback water wheels inside building.
What was there
A stone grist mill with a grambrel (barn-like) roof. Beginning in 1881, the Glen Wine Company produced wine here.
What is there now
The building is now abandoned on private property.
- At the time it was built, it was considered the second largest free-standing stone structure in all of New York.
- Wikipedia Article
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1999.
We would like to thank the following for helping us with this entry: