Avon, New York 14414
Get Directions →
5 Arch Bridge
Built 1856-57 by the Genesee Valley RR to span the Conesus Outlet. The 200 ft. long x 12 ft. wide limestone bridge was part of the Rochester – Avon – Geneseo – Mt. Morris line. Avon became a RR hub connecting Buffalo – Rochester – Corning – Hornell. The line was electrified in 1907, with 13 runs daily between Rochester and Mt. Morris. In 1941 the Avon – Mt. Morris section was abandoned and the rails removed.
Avon Preservation & Historical Society – no date given.
What was there
A limestone 5 arch railroad bridge.
What is there now
The same bridge in excellent condition, but not operational and not connected to a rail line. Also a small, pleasant park with picnic tables.
We would like to thank the following for helping us with this entry: