New Paltz, New York 12561
Get Directions →
Built by Pierre Deyo, one of twelve original patentees of New Paltz in 1692.
State Education Department – 1935
What was there
Built as a one room house, later generations of the Deyo family expanded it to 2 rooms, then 3 – and finally in 1894, one generation transformed it into a grand Queen Anne home. In 1915, it was purchased from the Deyo family and was a private residence until 1971 when the Deyo Family Foundation bought it back and donated it to be opened as a public house and museum.
What is there now
The public home and museum, restored in 2003, features a 1915 interior.
We would like to thank the following for helping us with this entry: