4165 Lake Rd
Williamson, NY 14589
Get Directions →
First white men from 1687 French batteaux
Men stopped here to trade with Indians. First settler “Yankee Bill” Waters, a hunter lived here 1804.
State Education Department – 1935
What was there
Beach and pioneer home.
What is there now
A small lake-side park with two informational signs, a monument to lake captains of Pultneyville (on which is a Coast Guard beacon), a yellow house that is supposedly on the original site of Yankee Bill Waters.
We would like to thank the following for helping us with this entry: