180 Main Street
Cornwall, NY 12518
Get Directions →
Sands Ring Home
Built c. 1760 by Nathaniel Sands for his son David who operated a mercantile store on the site.
First meeting place of Cornwall Quakers.
The State Education Department – 1951
What was there
Originally the home of the Sands family from 1760 (Nathaniel Sands) to 1907 (Benjamin Ring Davis). From about 1770 to 1790 a large room is used as a meeting place for Quakers. For a time around 1783, the first floor served as a general store.
What is there now
The original home is now oldest Dutch colonial houses still standing in the Hudson Valley. The home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The town maintains the property and the state runs educational programs and operates the home as a museum.
We would like to thank the following for helping us with this entry:
John M Furey