2956-2976 Church St
Pine Plains, NY 12567
Get Directions →
Site of Old Tavern
Log house tavern in 1798 , Dr. Asahel Haskins, Prop.
Hotel built 1804 by F. & E. Dibblee. C. Ketterer owner enlarged hotel 1872 & 1882.
State Education Department – 1935
What was there
What is there now
At the site of the marker is a small community park, but it is believed that the tavern referred to on the marker is the current Stissing House Restaurant which is situated across the street to the west.
We would like to thank the following for helping us with this entry: