31 Rt 376
Hopewell Junction, NY 12533
Get Directions →
Aaron Van Vlack, first settler of Gayhead. Built stone house here c.1741. His son Tunis built dam and grist mill here in 1768
East Fishkill Historical Society – date unknown
What was there
A stone house, dam and grist mill.
What is there now
Stone Creek Ranch Restaurant and there is evidence of a dam that appears to be more recent than what is mentioned on the marker.
- None at this time.
We would like to thank the following for helping us with this entry: