4487 Lake Ave.
Lockport, NY 14094
Get Directions →
Toll Gate Hill
Toll gate built and owned by the Lockport-Wrights Corners Plank Road Co.
One of three toll roads in Niagara County 1849-1905
Wrights Corners BSA Troop 40 – (date unknown)
What was there
A toll gate for one of the 3 first toll roads in Niagara County.
What is there now
Rt 78 (Lake Avenue) just outside the perimeter of the Niagara County Farm and home center, home of the Niagara County Fair.
- The sign describes one of three toll roads in Niagara County, in this case run and operated at the turn-of-the-century, by the Wrights Corners Plank Road Company. The sign is sponsored and maintained by the Boy Scouts of America troupe 40 of Wrights Corners.
We would like to thank the following for helping us with this entry: