366 West Main Street
Amsterdam, NY 12010
Get Directions →
Guy Park, 1766
Built by Sir William Johnson for daughter, Molly, wife of Col. Guy Johnson. Johnsons left for Canada in 1775
What was there
Mansion belonging to the family of Guy Johnson
What is there now
The mansion is being renovated as of May 2012, and it sits just behind railroad tracks off Main Street in the heart of Amsterdam. The Mohawk River’s Lock 11 is directly behind the property.
- Wikipedia article
- Added to National Register of Historic Places in 1973
- Brief History of Manor
- Guy Johnson
- Major flooding of the Mohawk River in August 2011 is responsible for the renovations and clean-up efforts seen in the photos.
We would like to thank the following for helping us with this entry: