25 Jewett Parkway
Buffalo, NY 14214
Get Directions →
Darwin D. Martin House
1904 – 1906
Frank Lloyd Wright, architect
On the National Register of Historic Places as part of the Martin House complex, 1975.
State University of New York at Buffalo &
Buffalo and Erie County Historical Society – 1976
What was there
The Martin complex – an integrated series of connected buildings including 2 houses, a stable, conservatory, pergola and gardener’s cottage. Portions of the property were demolished in the 1960s and apartment buildings were erected.
What is there now
Completely reconstructed and/or renovated Martin complex with guided tours, museum and a gift shop.
- Martin House official website
- Wikipedia article on the Darwin D. Martin House
- Wikipedia article on Frank Lloyd Wright
- The original buildings fell into disrepair in the 1950s and 1960s. Some were demolished. A full restoration project began in 1992 and continues at the time of this posting. One of the final steps in reconstruction will be to replace the temporary landscape plantings with historically accurate designs.
We would like to thank the following for helping us with this entry: