1700-1750 Park Rd
Mt Morris, NY 14510 0.6 mi NE
Get Directions →
Former site of Gibsonville
Hamlet existed in this area from 1824 – 1900
New York State Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation — (Date unknown)
What was there
The small pioneer village of Gibsonville, first settled in 1792 by Ebenezer “Indian” Allen, who built a sawmill along the Silver Lake Outlet just to northeast of this marker. At its peak, Gibsonville was home to 16 houses, a general store, post office, shoemaker mill, blacksmith and a primary school. From 1933 to 1941 the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) had a worker camp here. Many of the ruins one can find today are from the CCC camp.
What is there now
A nature trail within Letchworth State Park; Some ruins of the former CCC camp; 3 waterfalls.
We would like to thank the following for helping us with this entry: